Re: [Ltib] Binary toolchain distributed

From: Steve Papacharalambous
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Binary toolchain distributed
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:50:48 +0100

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 02:05 +0200, Svein Seldal wrote:
> Hi Steve
>
> Steve Papacharalambous wrote:
> > The source rpm for the toolchain you mention can be downloaded from the
> > gpp: http://bitshrine.org/gpp/tc-fsl-x86lnx-armeabi-nptl-4.1.2-3.src.rpm
> >
> > This contains all the sources (except for the standard GNU source
> > archives which can be downloaded from any of the GNU sites), and the
> > build scripts used to build the cross toolchain,
>
> May I ask how a toolchain package like this is compiled? What are the
> process involved? I notice it's a sequence of rpm[build] commands that
> probably needs a bunch of command line options (like the ones ltib is
> using with rpm and rpmbuild).
>
> Is there an automated functionality for this in ltib?
>
> - Svein

Hi Svein,

The toolchains are "stand alone" rpms, and can be built in the normal
way that rpms are built (i.e. they don't need all the options used in
ltib) provided you are building on a host that has the following
installed:

  - rpm and rpmbuild

  - All the tools needed to build the toolchain components.

The steps to build the toolchains are:

- Install the source rpm: rpm -iv <toolchain source rpm>

- Make sure that the standard GNU archives are in the lpp, in the case
of the armeabi toolchain mentioned above: /opt/freescale/pkgs

- Build the toolchain: rpmbuild -ba <toolchain spec file>

The toolchains are completely separate from ltib, and are stand alone
cross toolchains (i.e. they can be installed and used without ltib).
There is no automated facility to build the toolchains in ltib,

Best regards,

Steve