Re: [Ltib] Binary toolchain distributed

From: Steve Papacharalambous
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Binary toolchain distributed
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 08:21:58 +0100

Hi Svein,

Building cross toolchains has deliberately been kept as a separate
process mainly due to the complex nature of building cross toolchains.
Another feature of ltib is that it has been designed to be able to use
any cross toolchain, it is not limited to those contained in
toolchains.lkc

Also when ltib is installed on a host system it doesn't know which
BSP(s) will be built so, unless it builds all possible cross toolchains
which would take a very long time, it doesn't know which toolchain to
build.  In addition many BSPs have multiple toolchain selections so the
number of cross toolchain that would need to be built would be very
large.

The source rpm for the toolchain you mention can be downloaded from the
gpp: http://bitshrine.org/gpp/tc-fsl-x86lnx-armeabi-nptl-4.1.2-3.src.rpm

This contains all the sources (except for the standard GNU source
archives which can be downloaded from any of the GNU sites), and the
build scripts used to build the cross toolchain,

Best regards,

Steve