[Ltib] avahi for mpc8308

From: Fritz Mueller
Subject: [Ltib] avahi for mpc8308
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:00:08 -0800

Hi folks,

I've gotten back around to the point on my project again where I'm needing to
port and bring up the Avahi mDNS package on my MPC8308 target.  Making good
progress getting all the packages cross-compiled running, in preparation for
merging and posting the patches to the list.

I am seeing one problem with my built binaries, though -- while I can publish
into mDNS from the target without difficulty, mDNS browsing on the target
always comes up empty.  I know Mike G. had previously commented on this list
that he had been working on a port of Avahi to this same CPU.  I was wondering,
Mike, if you had any success with mDNS browse, and/or if you remember anything
special that needed to be done in that regard that I might be missing?

        thanks much,
          --FritzM.