Re: [Ltib] avahi for mpc8308

From: Mike Goins
Subject: Re: [Ltib] avahi for mpc8308
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 20:41:46 -0500

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Fritz Mueller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've gotten back around to the point on my project again where I'm needing to
> port and bring up the Avahi mDNS package on my MPC8308 target.  Making good
> progress getting all the packages cross-compiled running, in preparation for
> merging and posting the patches to the list.
>
> I am seeing one problem with my built binaries, though -- while I can publish
> into mDNS from the target without difficulty, mDNS browsing on the target
> always comes up empty.  I know Mike G. had previously commented on this list
> that he had been working on a port of Avahi to this same CPU.  I was
> wondering, Mike, if you had any success with mDNS browse, and/or if you
> remember anything special that needed to be done in that regard that I might
> be missing?

Sorry, I only tested the publishing side, not the client browse (I
assume you are referring to avahi-browse).  I have had some issues
with browsing on some other platforms and was only able to use
avahi-browse-static (sp?), but does not appear that the static browse
is in the version that that I submitted for ltib.  Likely a later
version, but later versions had a host of pre-requisites that needed
some massaging to get to work in a proper cross-compile environment (I
eventually had to build them anyway for heartbeat, which shared much
of the pre-reqs).

avahi was probably the first package I had ever ported to ltib, so I
am sure the quality is not quite up to what it should
.
I can try out the browse, but need a day or so to get one of the ltib
built systems up and running.