[Ltib] Using LTIB without root privileges

From: Christoph Baumann
Subject: [Ltib] Using LTIB without root privileges
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 14:22:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

is it possible to run LTIB without root privileges?
I see the point that at least the tool chain needs to be installed as root. But
compiling for the target and building an image could theoretically be done
without root privileges, isn't it?
Trying out LTIB I noticed that I need these right nevertheless to install RPMs
for the target into the target FS.
Is there any feasible way to do this without sudo (e.g. fakeroot, chroot)?

Regards,
Christoph Baumann