lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Some bugs and questions

From: Linus Walleij
Subject: [lwip-devel] Some bugs and questions
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:42:18 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all (and Adam especially!)

I have been doing all kind of fun things with LWIP lately. I found it
overall very well written and easy to use, but noticed a few things I want
to share with you:

We are missing an PACK_STRUCT_END in last struct of etharp.h, (struct
ethip_hdr ...)

More of a note for documentation and people wanting to know obscure
things: packed structs are hard to implement this way in compilers that
use preprocessor (#pragma) directives for packing structures, because of
circular dependency: preprocessor cannot introduce preprocessor
directives. Manual search-and-replace is needed. Not that I have a
solution to this, but could be mentioned somewhere in some documentation,
e.g. example cc.h file(s).

No complete, well-documented lwipopt.h example file exist in the
repository, only different hacks in "contrib". One can survive with this
but it would be nice to have something you can trust as a starting point.

PBUF_POOL_SIZE > 19 fails miserably (crash). Found this by
trial-and-horror. It might be my setup, though. Does anyone use a
bigger value or know why this happens?

I currently have erroneous checksums on *some* packets produced by my
embedded device using tcp_write(). I am currently working to resolve it.
Sound familiar to someone?

Yours,
Linus Walleij