lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20506] LWIP: TCP Layer Performance

From: Vipin
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20506] LWIP: TCP Layer Performance
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:43:16 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:

Details:

Hello all,

I am using LWIP stack for building up my application. During development, I
observed some limitation of LWIP stack. I think if it can be improved it will
be much better.

My Application is:

1. To request 4000 bytes of data from my board through web browser running on
the PC.
2. I am requesting this much data from browser after every 250ms.
3. The request is handled by http layer of my firmware.

Observation:
1. As checked on Ethereal, every 4000 bytes of data is taking 180ms to
transfer (to come to web browser).
2. Most of the time is consumed by tcp layer of lwip stack.

Conclusion:
1. I can't request data at a higher rate ( at max after every 200ms).

Problem:
1. I need to increase the speed of this communication such that i can request
data after every 100ms.

Kindly let me know how should I amend the code so as to increase the through
put.

There is no speed issue in my code. Kindly suggest.

Thanks & regards,
Vipin

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20506>

  Message sent via/by Savannah