lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20506] LWIP: TCP Layer Performance

From: Vipin
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20506] LWIP: TCP Layer Performance
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:09:41 +0000

1. Ethereal Capture: I am attaching the trace here. Please look at /img4.jpg
and /img5.jpg request answer.

2. LWIP Release: 1.2.0

3. API Layer : The code which I am using is available on this link.
http://mcu.st.com/mcdfiles/STR9_dongle_IAR_alpha_0-6.zip

4. Hardware Details:
 I am using STR9 microcontroller and running my code on STR9 eval board
available from ST. STE100P configured at 100 Mbps is the phy used. Data
transfer time is same whether i configured it at 10 or 100 Mbps :-(

5. Comparison Measurement: No as such but i think time is consumed in
software especially in TCP layer. I checked UDP communication which was quite
fast than TCP.

6. Clarification:
I really like lwip code but i observed that for a http request the time taken
from the starting of tcp_input function to function of http layer is 150ms
which I think can be improved.

Thanks for the reply.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20506>

  Message sent via/by Savannah