lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20506] HTTP server doesn't call tcp_output

From: Jim Pettinato
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20506] HTTP server doesn't call tcp_output
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:50:47 +0000

Indeed, we had discussed some restructuring of the contrib area on CVS.

Something like      contrib/ports/{platform}/{os}/{toolchain}
And in parallel:    contrib/apps/raw-api
                    contrib/apps/netconn-api

I do think that would make things easier for new users - right now it's
pretty hard to tell which port might most closely match an intended target.
It may also make it easier for maintainers, if the structure was more
rigorous.

One caveat - this particular example (simple httpd serving pages from ROM)
isn't too bad, but others (such as an ftpd) could prove more difficult to
write completely platform independently since it depends on a file system...
and of course that is very differently implemented (if implemented at all)
across platforms.

We'll have to think about how to handle that issue if we segregate the apps
from the ports (though I still think we should).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20506>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/