lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7490] Add return value to sys_mbox_post

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7490] Add return value to sys_mbox_post
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:50:52 +0000

tcp_callback: I really don't have a strong opinion on this, you can just add
the block/nonblock argument if you like.

deleting netconns: do you check in the rest of the patch? If you have the
time, you can add it, if not, check it in with the @todo like in the patch and
I'll add it.

> yes, I thought about that, but I try to follow suggestions from
> comment #9. But I think you're right, and we should not use post > in this
recv_tcp.

I know, this came to my mind just today... First we have to look through the
code if it really is that way (so it wouldn't work), then we have to decide
for an alternative: Asserting would be a bad idea, but considering the goal of
tcp (reliable data stream), the only option here would be to abort the
connection. But then, the NULL pointer marking the conncetion as closed can't
be posted to the mbox (since it is full) - and setting conn->err to a fatal
error might not be thread safe...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7490>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/