lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] opt.h - LWIP_EVENT_API

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] opt.h - LWIP_EVENT_API
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 12:16:40 -0500

I guess I feel compelled to ask, why doesn't the code just use

#if ! LWIP_EVENT_API

Where it uses

#if LWIP_CALLBACK_API

This is only used for TCP.  Tcp_impl.h could be the owner who defines
LWIP_CALLBACK_API (to ! LWIP_EVENT_API).

>I don't like that.  How about
>
>#if !defined(LWIP_EVENT_API) && !defined(LWIP_CALLBACK_API)
>#define LWIP_EVENT_API 0
>#define LWIP_CALLBACK_API 1
>#endif

That's fine and the check in init.c will find any inconsistency.

I might be wrong here but I think if one saves opts.h as lwipopts.h (and
changes the multiple #include check) that lwIP should build.

>(or the other way around, I'm not sure which is the most sensible
>default)

I've often wondered the breakdown of users with NO_SYS = 1 and NO_SYS = 0.
I'm not sure the default matter too much.

Why isn't it:

#define LWIP_EVENT_API (! NO_SYS)
#define LWIP_CALLBACK_API (NO_SYS)

Bill