lwip-devel

Re: RE: [lwip-devel] opt.h - LWIP_EVENT_API

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: RE: [lwip-devel] opt.h - LWIP_EVENT_API
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 05:18:42 +0100

Bill,

I think the main issue is that noone is really using the event API, or am I
wrong there? In my years active with lwIP, I haven't seen a single mail on one
of the lists mentioning the event mode...

It does save some code space and execution time in the stack, but at the
downside of code portability: you have to combine *all* TCP communication into
one function, which is really not optimal to me...

"Bill Auerbach" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I guess I feel compelled to ask, why doesn't the code just use
>
> #if ! LWIP_EVENT_API
>
> Where it uses
>
> #if LWIP_CALLBACK_API

That's a good question.

> Why isn't it:
>
> #define LWIP_EVENT_API (! NO_SYS)
> #define LWIP_CALLBACK_API (NO_SYS)

Because these have nothing to do which each other? I do use NO_SYS but I would
never use the even API, I guess (for reason mentioned above).

Simon
--
GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit über 300 Videos.
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome