lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Why pcap_findalldevs_ex()?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Why pcap_findalldevs_ex()?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:02:39 +0200

Oops, my fault, I searched pcapif_helper.c, not pcap_helper.c.
However, you're looking at outdated code there, which I should have deleted by now.

pcap_helper.c is used by pktif.c, but the win32 port now uses pcapif.c. The differences between those two is that the old pktif.c uses the (internal, mostly undocumented) pktif library that winpcap uses internally, while the new pcapif.c tries to only use universal pcap functions in order to be portable.

I've been planning to test pcapif.c on linux and then deleting the old pktif.c (and pcap_helper.c) afterwards... (but I guess I can delete the old code now since it works on win32).

Anyway, have you been facing any problems when using that code or does this issue only come from reading the code?

BTW: Please don't use the CVS repostory any more (since we have moved to git, the old CVS is not updated any more):
> The contrib repository is now live at:
> Read-only public access: git://git.sv.gnu.org/lwip/lwip-contrib.git

Simon

Gisle Vanem wrote:
<address@hidden>  wrote:

Gisle Vanem wrote:
In contrib/ports/win32/pcap_helper.c there is a call to pcap_findalldevs_ex().
I can't follow you on this, I don't find a call to pcap_findalldevs_ex()
in pcap_helper.c. Are you using an old version of contrib? If so, please
update to the latest version.
Look, why is it so difficult to get the latest win32 code? This shows
up as 13 mounths old. Pletty recent:

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/contrib/ports/win32/?root=lwip&sortby=date#dirlist

And it uses  pcap_findalldevs_ex(). What is the URL to
the latest (preferably compressed version)?

--gv