lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #34427] In RAW/NO_SYS mode, tcp_output may send out la

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #34427] In RAW/NO_SYS mode, tcp_output may send out large number of ARQ REQ if destination ARP entry has expired
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:29:58 +0000

The patch in comment#5 is a bit confusing.  It seems to be addressing a number
of different issues, and I'm not sure if it fixes the problem of this bug,
which is specifically about sending large numbers of ARPs when the destination
entry has expired.

I suggest splitting the patch in comment#5 and raising a new bug for each
change that is being made.  E.g. changing the ARP_TMR_INTERVAL, reducing
MAXAGE from 20 minutes to 120 seconds, resending ARP requests, and so on.

At the moment I'm not sure what problem changing the constants fixes, or how
resending the ARP requests reduces the number of ARP requests sent.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34427>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/