lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9384] Partial SACK (RFC 2018) support

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9384] Partial SACK (RFC 2018) support
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:57:51 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #17, patch #9384 (project lwip):

>But this just changes the way SACKs are stored in PCBs, and doesn't solve the
main problem,
>which at the moment seems to be inserting SACKs into data packets.

Correct, I didn't mean for my idea to address that issue

>One solution could be to calculate SACKs dynamically by examining the ooseq
list

I also thought of this, but didn't suggest it because it seemed like we could
be repeating this computation a lot if sending ACKs when OOSEQ/SACK blocks
were not changing. Definitely a trade off of using memory to cache the result
versus doing more CPU calculations. I'll have to defer to Simon for which is
more lightweight

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9384>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/