lwip-users

[lwip-users] Fast retransmit

From: Samuel Thomas Jansen
Subject: [lwip-users] Fast retransmit
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:13:04 +1200

I've got lwip going in a testing context and during a small amount of loss lwip correctly attempts Fast Retransmit.

However, it seems to retransmit the entire window rather than the packet than the sequence number the duplicate acks are refering to. You can see this in the output from tcptrace (www.tcptrace.org) I've put on the web: http://www.wand.net.nz/~stj2/900/random/lwip-fast-retransmit.png

In the middle of the above picture, at time 2.3, we see the entire window (11 packets) being retransmitted in response to 3 duplicate acks!

Has anyone else noticed this error? I guess it is still possible that part of my implementation has produced this bug, though that seems rather unlikely; the rest of TCP seems to work perfectly.

I had a cursory glance at the code and couldn't narrow the problem down easily. If someone can confirm this behaviour I'll have a look in a bit more depth sometime this week.