lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Managing multiple TCP connections

From: K.J. Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Managing multiple TCP connections
Date: 18 Aug 2004 16:57:39 +0100

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 15:35, Erik wrote:
> Hi Kieran
>
> I am using the raw TCP/IP interface (as described in rawapi.txt).
> I don't see how I can use the API, as it needs the use of threading (rtos),
> which I don't use.

By "the API" I presume you mean "the sockets API"?  I misunderstood you
when you said you were using lwIP directly without any of the APIs, but
as you're using the raw API that's OK: my apologies.  Having read
rawapi.txt I can see where this confusion arises from!

> Maybe I am seeing it wrong, and if so, could you point me in the right
> direction?

To do the things you require should be reasonably straightforward with
the raw API - it's all callback based, and you can distinguish
connections using their pcbs.

Can you explain what you need to do to iterate through the connections?
This might help come up with a good way to do this.  In normal usage you
would set up callbacks so that you are prompted to do any required
actions, and connection iteration (to, for example, see if there are any
data to read) would not be necessary.

Thanks

Kieran