lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP performance in receiving

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP performance in receiving
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:08:54 +0300

The problem is that all the messages to the TCP task are processed in
sequence, so the fast sender will always manage to squize in
TCPIP_MSG_INPUT messages before our server task sends the API_MSG_RECV
message. This stalls the sender while we are processing the data.

Wouldn't increasing the server task's thread priority change this?
I've seen (in the ecos port) that mucking with the priorities of various threads leads to very different thoughbputs.