lwip-users

RE : [lwip-users] managing storage problems.

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : [lwip-users] managing storage problems.
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:58:50 +0100

This is a lwIP problem: you should never got a full mbox, due to the lwIP
design. But, mainly, when a mbox is full, this is the netconn::recvmbox, or the
tcpip.c::mbox (other mailboxes are used like "semaphores").

I will suppose you use last CVS HEAD. Since sys_mbox_post can't return an
error, the workaround (without changing lwIP code) should be to implement the
"free" inside your sys_mbox_post implementation. The main problem is to know
what kind of "free" to do:

- tcpip.c::mbox only contains pbuf
- netconn::recvmbox can contains netbuf for UDP/RAW netconn, and pbuf for TCP.

If you know the full mbox is always an UDP one, I think you can directly use
netbuf_delete on the pointer you have to post. It's not a clean solution, but
should work.

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique