lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Jumbo frame questions

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Jumbo frame questions
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:33:40 -0500

Hi Simon,

I updated and retested – so it’s the latest as of yesterday.  I can’t say if it’s an lwIP issue or not.  The problem exists only when lwIP is configured for jumbo frames, the connection is to the PC configured for large frames, but the network cannot support large frames.  WinXP works in this configuration but the lwIP device connected does not.  I can change the Frame Size to 1512 and both the PC and lwIP device work.

Could it be that the netif MTU has to be adjusted – it’s set to the frame size – 28 (for headers).

Thanks,

Bill Auerbach