lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Jumbo frame questions

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Jumbo frame questions
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:54:59 -0500

Thanks,

Bill Auerbach

I do (or have left) this option enabled.  My issue was setting MTU to the
packet size.  I'm surprised I've gotten as far as I have. :)

> The bit that's probably missing in your port is the setting of netif-
> >mtu.  This is normally configured using a tool like ifconfig on Linux,
> but how you do this on your target will depend heavily on the OS (if
> any) it's running.

I wasn't adjusting MTU (or MSS) for the headers.  I am able to leave the
lwIP stack and it's controller set for Jumbo frames and it does communicate
on a network not supporting it.  This was what I was after - and maybe it
works *only* with my router?  lwIP was crashing this way because of the MTU.

Thank you for your help and replies.  I didn't mean for you to expend so
much effort but it helped me.    I can't explain the jumbo and non-jumbo mix
working.

Bill