lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Jumbo frame questions

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Jumbo frame questions
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:47:14 +0000

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 15:23 +0000, Kieran Mansley wrote:
> This could be construed a bug
> (especially if we also set the DF - Don't Fragment - bit in the header)
> but could also be seen as a property of lwIP being "lightweight".

I've just checked - we don't send the DF flag, and so the network should
fragment the packet if necessary.  That it's not suggests that you might
have the two nodes on the same LAN.  If that's correct, then you've got
a configuration error: all nodes on the same LAN are supposed to have
the same frame length and MTU, and it sounds like you've put the lwIP
node with an MTU of 9000 on a network with an MTU of 1500.  That just
doesn't work I'm afraid.

Kieran