lwip-users

[lwip-users] sys_timeout firing too often.

From: Nick Thomas
Subject: [lwip-users] sys_timeout firing too often.
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 15:47:02 +0100

sys_timeout firing too often - again.

I think this is because sys_mbox_fetch() is being called by two tasks, which
are tripping over each other.
There is a tcpip_thread (in tcpip.c) which keeps calling sys_mbox_thread()
in a while(1) loop, and there are lots of calls to sys_mbox_fetch() in
api_lib.c .

If I put in some simple locking to try to ensure that the function cannot be
called twice at the same time (by using a static flag variable) then I can
get the sys_timout timers to fire at the correct interval. Unfortunately,
any function which is trying to use sys_mbox_fetch and is forced to wait for
some length of time until it can get the lock doesn't work properly.

So, this fix causes more problems than it fixes!

Anyone got any better suggestions?

Regards

Nick Thomas
Email: address@hidden