lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwip 1.4.0. sanity check

From: Martin Velek
Subject: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.0. sanity check
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 13:39:19 +0100

Hi,

I am using malloc for pbufs (I do not use lwip's memory allocator), there are
#define MEM_LIBC_MALLOC                 1
#define MEMP_MEM_MALLOC              1
#define MEM_USE_POOLS                   0
#define PBUF_POOL_SIZE          0
#define PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE       16
options in my config.

However the lwip_sanity_check() complains about "TCP_WND is larger
than space provided by PBUF_POOL_SIZE*PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE\n".

Should I care about this message? I think there is missing a check for
memory allocator e.g.
if ( !(MEM_LIBC_MALLOC && MEMP_MEM_MALLOC) && (TCP_WND >
(PBUF_POOL_SIZE*PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE)))
but I am not sure.

Thank you for your answer.

Martin

P.S.
Of course I can increase the PBUF_POOL_SIZE and  PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE to
e.g. 1234567890 but ....