lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] CyaSSL 2.2.0 Released

From: David Empson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] CyaSSL 2.2.0 Released
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 16:43:44 +1200

Hi Vincent

(I have no connection with yaSSL, just noticed a potential issue which you may not have considered, which may rule out using CyaSSL in your product.)

If you link CyaSSL with your application, you will need to pay attention to its licence requirements. CyaSSL is available under an open source licence (GPLv2) and a commercial licence.

http://yassl.com/yaSSL/License.html

The open source licence can only be used in an open source application. Linking GPLv2 licensed code into your code requires the entire application to be licensed under GPLv2.

If your application is closed source and will be distributed beyond your organization, you would have to use the commercial licence of CyaSSL, which costs US$5000.

LWIP and FreeRTOS can be used in both open source and closed source applications, as long as the requirements of their licence agreements are met.