lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Transport terminal Using Tcp - ask for help~

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Transport terminal Using Tcp - ask for help~
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 22:25:40 +0200

Pomeroy, Marty wrote:

> Preamble and CRC are stripped because the ethernet chips typically don't
> pass those on to the buffer (many can be configured to include the CRC).
> [..]
> I'm open to it showing 60, but I'll be surprised.  On my system,
> Wireshark shows padding labeled as "padding" and does not strip it.
> Packets labeled with length 54 also say 54 bytes on the wire.

I think the packet showing 54 bytes was sent by the capturing PC. In this case
(at least on windows), it would be perfectly normal to not see the padding in
wireshark, as the network card or its driver adds the padding and winpcap does
not see it (same as checksum errors because when checksum offloading is enabled
for the interface).

I still don't know what the OP's problem is, though.

Simon