lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] FW: Problem with renewing DHCP after link down/up with

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] FW: Problem with renewing DHCP after link down/up with the new LWIP V2.0.2
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 15:10:27 +0200

On 30.03.2018 13:01, address@hidden wrote:
I replaced the function dhcp_renew() with dhcp_network_changed(). After
power on, the dhcp works fine again (the complete log is attached). The
first strange thing for me is the ARPs that follow. The devices askes who
has IP address 192.168.5.60, but it is his new address... Is that normal?

Yes. The client checks if the address assigned by the server is really unused. This is sometimes called "address collision detection" (ACD) and is e.g. required for Ethernet-IP at least... Just yesterday I had a DHCP server assigning a duplicate address, where this helps :-)

The other strange thing is that if I disconnect the Ethernet cable and
connect it again (in the same network), all things that follow (after line
12) are not understandable for me.

The IP checksum of the DHCP ACKs are 0, but that might be checksum offloading because you monitor on the host that is running the DHCP server? If not, it's correct that lwIP does not get them.

I seems that my device doesn't receive
the frames from the DHCP server.

Hmm, looking again, it seems that lwIP just does not receive the answers as valid DHCP packets, as it sends an ICMP "port unreachable" as response. That's strange... I don't think that's a problem with your tunneling thing...

Simon