lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Year 2000 Compliance

From: Personal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Year 2000 Compliance
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:22:42 -0700 (MST)

Henry objected to yet another doc file (YADF) for the Lynx distribution. I
can see his objection, but do feel that it is important to have Y2K mentioned
in this release. With the growing concern regarding Y2K, many organizations
may decide to upgrade Lynx if they can easily determine it is compliant, but
may just drop it if not. I imagine that an easily found (near the top of the
document) reference in the main readme would suffice for most such. On the
other hand, there may be those who will mearly look at the latest release
source files for any indication of Y2K compliance, and if they can see it
from file name, may be more likely to upgrade.

I will, of course, leave it to others to decide how and where to place the
Y2K notice, but wanted to make sure the subject was brought up so that it
would be in the new release. It will be important to continued use of Lynx
at many sites.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,
Email: address@hidden (Scott McGee)         | run in circles,
Web:   http://www.slcc.edu/infotech/webmaster.html | scream and shout.
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the College. Trust me!