lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] SOCK5 crash+fix

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] SOCK5 crash+fix
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 19:18:46 -0500

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 07:22:21PM +0100, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I was the original author of the $SOCKS5_PROXY patch, but for one
> Thomas Dickey changed the C enormously, and i also have forgotten
> anything about it, but you noting it made me look.

sorry - I didn't notice this at the time, but it was in Steffen's patch:

Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 00:04:18 +0200
From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen@sdaoden.eu>
To: Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com>
Cc: lynx-dev@nongnu.org
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] ..on SOCKS5 support
+        p1 = NULL;
+
+        protocol = HTSprintf0(NULL, gettext("(for %s at %s) SOCKS5"),
+                protocol, socks5_host);
+    }

+#ifndef INET6

HTSprintf0 expects to have the address of a pointer in which it
can return a pointer to newly-allocated memory.

(the pointer is normally set to NULL by the caller).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net