lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] SOCK5 crash+fix

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] SOCK5 crash+fix
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 01:55:11 +0100

Thomas Dickey wrote in
 <20220311001846.GA6583@prl-debianold-64.jexium-island.net>:
 |On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 07:22:21PM +0100, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> Hello.
 |>
 |> I was the original author of the $SOCKS5_PROXY patch, but for one
 |> Thomas Dickey changed the C enormously, and i also have forgotten
 |> anything about it, but you noting it made me look.
 |
 |sorry - I didn't notice this at the time, but it was in Steffen's patch:
 |+        protocol = HTSprintf0(NULL, gettext("(for %s at %s) SOCKS5"), \
 |
 |+                protocol, socks5_host);                           \
 |
 |+    }                                                             \
 |

 |+#ifndef INET6
 |
 |HTSprintf0 expects to have the address of a pointer in which it
 |can return a pointer to newly-allocated memory.
 |
 |(the pointer is normally set to NULL by the caller).

Hm, but this is only optional, and we do not need it there since
we use the return value directly, and only.
No no, not that.
And by "changed the C enormously" i meant the replacement of jumps
and such .. i tend to come in problems with spacy and stretchy
styles, i loose grip looking at them.

I apologize for not using NETWRITE; it was likely that i searched
around in this file and only found a direct write() in
setup_nsl_fork().  And it does not make a difference on any system
i use, so no chance to see the problem.

--steffen