m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Questions about hi-itrans.mim

From: विश्वासो वासुकेयः / Vis hvas Vasuki
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Questions about hi-itrans.mim
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:35:23 -0700

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM, विश्वासो वासुकेयः / Vishvas Vasuki <address@hidden> wrote:
Oh yes - the rule should apply whenever a consonant (the pattern [क-हक़-य़]) is followed by a non-letter character.
(the pattern [क-हक़-य़])्
is what I meant.. The final ् should disappear in such cases. This leads me to a simpler way of saying the rule: whenever ् is followed by a non-devanAgarI character (esp whitespaces), it should disappear, unless it was explicitly inserted by typing .h (which happens occasionally).

--
Vishvas / विश्वासः