m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Update to math-latex

From: handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Update to math-latex
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 17:56:39 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)
<address@hidden> writes:

> It seems to be a good idea to make math symbols available universally, just
> like lsymbols - I feel the need to use symbols such as ≠ ⇒ ⊂ ⊆ etc.. quite
> often. Is it possible load math.latex (with the with-backslash-prefix
> option enabled) into lsymbols?

I at first thought that you can simply register math-latex as a fallback
input method by adding "math-latex" to the value of customizable
global variable fallback-input-method (currently its value is "lsymbol,
unicode".  But, because of m17n-lib's bug, a name containing "-" can't
be added.  :-(

So, the workaround at the moment is to change the name of the input
method as this:

(input-method t mathlatex)

and have this in ~/.m17n.d/config.mic:

((input-method t mathlatex)