mailman

Re: Fw: [Monotone-devel] difficulty renewing my monotone-devel subscript

From: Karl Berry
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:01:54 GMT

    When it was up and working again, there appeared messates asking me
    to confirm that I was still interested in the monotone-devel mailing
    list.

Do you still have any of them?  It would be helpful to see one.  I'm not
sure what kind of message this was, since I've never heard of mailman
sending out something about "are you still interested".  Listserv lists
can require confirmation every so often, but we (thankfully) don't use
listserv.

    Could it be that the organisation mailing out
    repeat requests is associating the wrong date with these messages?
    Are they perhaps repeating the original message instead of creating
    new ones with new hex codes and new dates?

lists.(non)gnu.org just runs a (basically) standard mailman.  I doubt
there is any systematic bug; at least, I've never seen anyone report
this before, either for lists.gnu.org or for the other mailman sites I'm
involved with.

In any case, thanks for the report.

Karl