maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] RFC: More stats on job page (release+1)

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] RFC: More stats on job page (release+1)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 19:34:12 +0200

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 19:16, Maxime Petazzoni <address@hidden> wrote:
Actually MapOSMatic and OCitysmap (and the rendering daemon) only
"communicate" through a database. This allows for the web service to run
on a machine independant of the rendering pipeline (that's also why the
local path to the renderings is configurable, so you can have a network
mount from the machine hosting the renderings for example).

Ah, right.

Having this kind of file is only possible if the two reside on the same
machine. Thus the only solution is to extend the Django model for the
rendering jobs, which would then be filled in by OCitySMap as renderings
are completed, so they can then be displayed from the web application.

The reason I thought of a stats file was not to have to do database changes if you later wanted to add more stats. It didn't occur to me at the time that that's not a problem for Django with its syncdb command.

Good idea though, but that's obviously low priority in the grand scheme
of things that lay between us and putting dev.m.o in production.

That was my intention, as a weekend project for milestone+1. I'll add it as a low-priority task for myself, it'll be helpful in getting acquainted with the code outside of the i18n framework.

Best regards,
Jeroen.

--
BA[Start]