masterlibre-list

Re: [Masterlibre-list] Re: Masterlibre-list Digest, Vol 17, Issue 2

From: David Megias
Subject: Re: [Masterlibre-list] Re: Masterlibre-list Digest, Vol 17, Issue 2
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:08:09 +0200

Hi Maureen and all,

Thank you very much for your message, that I've found very interesting. Our experience at the UOC is quite different from yours, since our students come mainly from the IT field. In fact, they have no problem in assuming the pseudo "cost free" side of free software and the unconventional business models it relays on, but they found it quite difficult to manage most of the law related issues (the details about licensing, intellectual property, industrial secrets, patents, and so on).

On the other hand, I am not directly involved with the teaching of the legal issues course in our Master programme, and I think it would be a good idea to create specific discussion lists or forums to gather people who are teaching similar subjects in different places. For example, we could create a specific list for legal issues, another one for software development, another for data bases, etc. It may be a very effective way to share teaching experiences about similar subjects and I think we could discuss about the creation of these specific lists during Genoa's meeting.

Best regards,

   David

   David Megias, PhD

   Estudis d'Informatica i Multimedia