mibble-devel

[Mibble-devel] Extracting a list of value-labels from a mib

From: David Kohen
Subject: [Mibble-devel] Extracting a list of value-labels from a mib
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:42:42 +0300

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me. I've been asked to do a pilot using
Mibble to extract a table definition from a mib and store it in a
specific XML format. The problem I'm having is that the table entry
contain variables such as there:

  pwVcType OBJECT-TYPE
     SYNTAX        PwVcType
     MAX-ACCESS    read-create
     STATUS        current
     DESCRIPTION
         "Long string here....
         "
     DEFVAL { ethernet }
     ::= { pwVcEntry 2 }

  pwVcOwner OBJECT-TYPE
     SYNTAX   INTEGER {
            manual                (1),
            pwIdFecSignaling      (2), -- PW signaling with PW ID FEC
            genFecSignaling       (3), -- Generalized attachment FEC
            l2tpControlProtocol   (4),
            other                 (5)
                      }
     MAX-ACCESS    read-create
     STATUS        current
     DESCRIPTION
          "Long string here
           "
       ::= { pwVcEntry 3 }

PwVcType is defined in another mib file (see below) as also being a list
of possible values..

My problm is that I need to extract the  list. In the cae of PwVcType I
have no problem - I call IntegerType.GetAllSymbols and then extract the
data from the list. However this doesn't work for pwVcOwner - the best I
havve been able to do is to extract a list of possible values from the
constraints. What I need is the symbolic names for those values.

Does anyone know of a way to get the names?

Regards

David Kohen

 PwVcType ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
       "Indicates the PW type (i.e. the carried service).
       "
  SYNTAX   INTEGER {
     other(0),
     frameRelayDlci(1),