mibble-devel

Re: [Mibble-devel] Extracting a list of value-labels from a mib

From: David Kohen
Subject: Re: [Mibble-devel] Extracting a list of value-labels from a mib
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 18:28:45 +0300

Per hi,

I tried it with the alpha - no change I'm afraid.

I think I wasn't completely clear in my last mail - the problem is not with the included mib, but with the mib I am calling directly - the list from the included mib is correct (although it is listed from last to first, which is a little inconvenient). It is the directly called example (pwVcOwner in the example below) that is not working - the list defined in TEXTUAL-CONVENTION is ok, whether it is in the main file or in an included file.

If it's ok with you I'll see if I can spot the problem - it'll give a chance to get aquainted with the internals of mibble a little.

regards

David

Per Cederberg wrote:

Hi David,

Hmm... To me this sounds like a bug. No time to verify right now,
so I'll have to get back later on this. I've uploaded the current
development version to the web site, could you please test with
that one too?

http://www.mibble.org/download/development/index.html

One should surely be able to call IntegerType.getAllSymbols() even though the symbols are defined in another MIB. If this is still a
problem, I'd apreciate if you could report it in the bug tracker:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=mibble

That way I can keep you up to date on the bug progress easily.

Cheers,

/Per