Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] update: Qt 4.7.0 RC1

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] update: Qt 4.7.0 RC1
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 21:54:07 +0200

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> I just tried something that is working on OSX, I suspect FreeBSD will
>> be the same (I'm running it in a vm and it takes 145 mins to run).
>>
>> -        MAKEFLAGS="-j '$(JOBS)'" \
>> +        MAKEFLAGS="-j $(JOBS)" \
>>
>> It looks like the ' surrounding a number is the problem.
>
> I'd like to hear what Volker's thinks about this. Is it OK to remove the
> single quotes?

In that particular case, this might be okay, but note that this
could get you into serious trouble in the unlikely case that $(JOBS)
is empty.

However, as I've seen, you removed that line later altogether. This
is also fine, because in general we prefer stability over speed. :-)

Greets,
Volker

--
Volker Grabsch