Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gsoap update

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gsoap update
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:10:41 +0200

FreeBSD doesn't have an xlocale.h, and ./configure detects this, so
WITH_C_LOCALE doesn't get defined
<snip>
OSX has an xlocale.h with LC_ALL_MASK defined, so both succeed (see
below) either with or without the second patch.

Thanks for checking that. So far adding locale.h seems harmless even when it's not needed.

A separate issue is this:

       # Native build to get tools wsdl2h and soapcpp2
       cd '$(1)'&&  ./configure \
  -        --enable-openssl
  +        --enable-gnutls

Would mean we have to build a native gnutls. The --enable-openssl is
unrecognised anyway, and just doing a plain ./configure detects
openssl if it's present - tough I'm not sure why it would be necessary
in this case.

You're right. There's no reason to insist on gnutls for the native build. I moved the --enable-gnutls to the MinGW build where it makes sense I think. This seemed to require switching to winsock2 and adding a missing "-lgpg-error".

Changes here:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/ef7c6606c9c5

Mark