Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] updated gtk

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] updated gtk
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 23:21:46 +1000

On 26 September 2010 21:42, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> OSX is having problems with the native glib build, log attached. Let
>> me know if you see something obvious, but I suspect the "downgrade
>> compiler" hack isn't going to work anymore.
>
> The error message might be caused by the following workaround of glib.mk:
>
>    $(SED) -i 's,#define G_ATOMIC.*,,' '$(1).native/config.h'
>
> What do you get if you disable that line?

I was getting much the same errors as that doesn't entirely disable
it. Apparently, gcc versions since 4.1 do support these "built-in
atomic intrinsics", so I decided to take a different course and see if
I could sort out the gcc 4.2 issues on OSX.

The basic problem is that gcc 4.2 produces 64-bit binaries by default
and different configure scripts can cause it to have a mismatch of 32
and 64-bit libs. In the case of glib, the native libiconv is is 32-bit
lib and the native glib build is 64-bit. The easy way around this is
to simply supply an -arch flag to gcc, but we don't want to do that
for all systems (at least I don't think we do).

The attached is one (working) approach to this, it sets a conditional
OSX_CC_ENV that can be passed along to ./configure. It has the feel of
a portability variable, so I added to the place for those, even though
it turns out to only be required in two places (I initially thought it
might be necessary in other places).

Does it seem reasonable to you? Would OSX_CFLAGS that only adds the
-arch flag be a better option?

Thanks,

Tony