Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] updated gtk

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] updated gtk
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 23:16:55 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 26 September 2010 21:42, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > The error message might be caused by the following workaround of glib.mk:
> >
> >    $(SED) -i 's,#define G_ATOMIC.*,,' '$(1).native/config.h'
> >
> > What do you get if you disable that line?
>
> I was getting much the same errors as that doesn't entirely disable
> it. Apparently, gcc versions since 4.1 do support these "built-in
> atomic intrinsics", so I decided to take a different course and see if
> I could sort out the gcc 4.2 issues on OSX.

So one way or another, we'll have to remove that $(SED) line. :-)

> The basic problem is that gcc 4.2 produces 64-bit binaries by default
> and different configure scripts can cause it to have a mismatch of 32
> and 64-bit libs. [...]
>
> The attached is one (working) approach to this, it sets a conditional
> OSX_CC_ENV that can be passed along to ./configure. It has the feel of
> a portability variable, so I added to the place for those, even though
> it turns out to only be required in two places (I initially thought it
> might be necessary in other places).

I think we should get to the root of this issue. It's not only "just
two places", it's even just _one_ package! So why is libiconv using
the 32-bit mode of the compiler when 64-bit is the default on that
system?

What's in the config.log of the native libiconv build(s)?

Greets,
Volker

--
Volker Grabsch