Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Unneeded Qt dependency

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Unneeded Qt dependency
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:54:28 -0500

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

>    #include <QtPlugin>
>    Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN(qcncodecs)
>    Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN(qjpcodecs)
>    Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN(qtwcodecs)
>    Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN(qkrcodecs)

Hold on, plugins only work if your application uses dynamic linking but
with mingw-cross we are (usually) building static linked applications or
to be precise dynamic linked system (Windows) libraries, static for
everything else.  I know I can change things to make full dynamic
linking work for Qt (I've done it before).

What version of mingw-cross shows the problem?  I haven't seen any
problem with translated texts in a static linked application built about
6 weeks ago.
--
René Berber