Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Updating versions

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Updating versions
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 13:09:17 +0100

Peter Rockett wrote:
Hi

Newbie question - but...

I have used MXE only once before - massively impressed! Great job, guys!

I now want to start a new Qt project which I want to cross-build but the MXE Qt package version is 4.8.1 whereas the latest version (which I have downloaded for Linux) is 5.0.1, a major version increment. (Also, gsl is 1.14 as opposed to 1.15 but that's a minor issue. Quite a few other libs seem 'out-of-date'.) My question: How do I upgrade to the latest version(s) of packages?

Hi Peter,

Don't use the "stable" version for new work because it's hopelessly out of date. Use the "development" version which is the git master branch. See the website for details. You'll find very recent package versions there and it's actually pretty stable. If you run into problems, ask here, or preferably on the github site.

regards,

Mark