Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Updating versions

From: Ulrich Klauer
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Updating versions
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 21:14:23 +0100

Peter Rockett <address@hidden>:

> Where does the *.mk file get the VERSION variable?
> Is this parsed from the local index.html file?

Yes.

> In which case, if I edit the index.html file, will I get the required version?

More or less. The checksum in the .mk file needs updating as well, and there
may be other necessary changes. Ideally,
  make update PKGS="pkg1 pkg2 ..."
will find the newest version and update index.html as well as *.mk. Of course,
it can't write or rewrite patches and build scripts (if that is needed).

> but gsl is still at 1.14 despite gsl 1.1.5 being
> released in May 2011. So quite a time lag between updates?

Probably nobody has noticed before that a new version is available, quite
simply. The update macro checks the git repository, but gsl has since switched
to bazaar.

Ulrich