Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Deploying Qt 5 applications on Windows

From: Paul Boddie
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Deploying Qt 5 applications on Windows
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 14:00:42 +0200

On Tuesday 06 May 2014 17:17:14 Paul Boddie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A while back I started looking at building Qt 5 applications and got the
> libraries to build successfully, but I'm not having much luck getting the
> actual applications to run. I'm building them as follows:
>
> .../mxe/usr/i686-pc-mingw32.static/qt5/bin/qmake
> PATH=.../mxe/usr/bin:$PATH make
>
> This then gives me a single .exe which I presume can be deployed. Before
> actually deploying on Windows, I attempted to run the program using Wine
>  and got an error resembling the following:
>
> fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
> wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0xe5ca5b
> (thread 0009), starting debugger...
>
> Attempting to run the same program on Windows 7 Professional just gives me
>  an unhelpful Windows dialogue box more or less telling me that the program
>  crashed.

Following up to myself, this situation resembles the following report:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20814058/cross-compiling-qt5-on-linux-for-
windows

I see that there's some support for other targets and for shared libraries,
partly from a thread about MXE Octave back in February. Could anyone tell me
where this might be documented?

Paul