Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Deploying Qt 5 applications on Windows

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Deploying Qt 5 applications on Windows
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 22:27:57 +1000

On 7 May 2014, at 22:00, Paul Boddie <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 May 2014 17:17:14 Paul Boddie wrote:
>>

>> Attempting to run the same program on Windows 7 Professional just gives me
>> an unhelpful Windows dialogue box more or less telling me that the program
>> crashed.

What happens when you run the test program? You’ll find it in:

    <path to mxe>/usr/<target>/bin/test-qt5.exe

You could also try building and running the qt examples, just change "-nomake
examples” to “-make examples” in src/qtbase.mk and run “make qtbase” again

> Following up to myself, this situation resembles the following report:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20814058/cross-compiling-qt5-on-linux-for-
> windows
>
> I see that there's some support for other targets and for shared libraries,
> partly from a thread about MXE Octave back in February. Could anyone tell me
> where this might be documented?

Have a look at step 3 of the tutorial:

http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/mxe/mxe/master/index.html#tutorial-3

Cheers,