mldonkey-devel

Re: [Mldonkey-devel] OpCodes 50 (FILE_REMOVE_SOURCE) and 10(FILE_ADD_SOU

From: vnc
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-devel] OpCodes 50 (FILE_REMOVE_SOURCE) and 10(FILE_ADD_SOURCE)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:05:54 +0100

Hi,

it seems that kmldonkey is also affected by the souces-leak, can anyone verify this? I got a quite a few duplicates and constantly rising amounts there, too. Via "vd <id>" (on a non-popular file) I observed how a source dropped and both g2gui and kmldonkey added one source.

I cannot remember having seen this with older cores (i'm currently running some CVS version). Guess i've to search for my old cores again for further investigations.

Anyone?

We have the problem that our number of file-sources in g2gui is steadily
increasing, wheres in the web-interface it is always at nearly constant
value. I did some investigation and therefore noticed, that we receive
quite a lot OpCodes 10 (FILE_ADD_SOURCE) from the core, but never an
opCode 50 (FILE_REMOVE_SOURCE), so we are always assigning new sources
to the files, but never deleting any of them.

It could be, that i missed something (like a bug) in our code, but after
1.5 days of investigation i'm almost sure it is a core thing.

So somebody with deeper Ocaml-knowledges than mine should take a look at
the mentioned opCodes, and tell if there is a problem or not.

Sorry if I'm pointing out the blindingly obvious, but are you handling the CleanTables message? That gets rid of a lot of obsolete clients.

bye,
vnc