mldonkey-devel

Re: [Mldonkey-devel] OpCodes 50 and 10

From: Petter E. Stokke
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-devel] OpCodes 50 and 10
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:43:08 +0100

On Friday 12 December 2003 21:04, Jörg Maisenbacher wrote:
> Petter E. Stokke wrote:
>   > Sorry if I'm pointing out the blindingly obvious, but are you
>
> handling the
>
> > CleanTables message? That gets rid of a lot of obsolete clients.
>
> No, Problem ;-) Yes, we handle this Message, but this only send every
> (half) hour (i'm not 100% sure about that). So this a very rare-OpCode
> ;-)

Correct, the code (src/daemon/driver/driverInterface.ml) says every 1800
seconds.

> The Problem is, i never ever get any opcode 50 (running gui for 4h by
> now), and I suppose this to be not the normal behaviour. Agreed?

IIRC, when I implemented that stuff for KMLDonkey, I don't think I _ever_
saw any opcode 50 being sent. In fact, I was wondering if I had a serious
memory leak until I realised I had to handle opcode 51 (CleanTables) as
well. So while sources can easily get half an hour out of date, at least
they are all eventually removed once the CleanTables message arrives.

Or that was the situation at around 2.5-1 when I implemented it, anyway. I
haven't been paying too much attention to my sources since then, I
couldn't say if the core behaviour has changed. In any case, the potential
1800 second delay is hardly ideal - I can see the sense in using
CleanTables instead of File_remove_source for saving bandwidth, but in
that case maybe a 60 second delay would be more reasonable... it's not
very good for the GUI to be half an hour out of sync with the core.

--
Petter E. Stokke <address@hidden> http://www.gibreel.net/
PGP key: http://www.gibreel.net/key.asc