Re: [Mldonkey-users] OCaml patch / Debian packages / etc

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] OCaml patch / Debian packages / etc
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:58:27 +0200 (CEST)

>    I still don't know what the patch is for ;-)

The patch is used to read the offuscated code containing the eDonkey
protocol specification (three small modules) . It's not nice, there
have been a lot of discussions about that, but I still think it is the
only way to avoid leechers from breaking the eDonkey network. I'm for
full open-source programs, but the eDonkey protocol is not designed to
be open-source. I will not break this beautiful network just for
ideological reasons (wars between open-source and closed-source
protocols are useless, the real problem is with cryptographic
protocols that can't be reverse-engeneered)

Regards,

- MLDonkey