Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Launching mlDonkey at boot time

From: Andre Hinrichs
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Launching mlDonkey at boot time
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:37:32 +0200 (MEST)

> Great script! :)
> The manual start and stop work on my system now, but it doesn't start
> mldonkey at boot time :(
> The script is in /etc/init.d, symlink is /sbin/rcmldonkey,
> /etc/rc.config.d/mldonkey.rc.config exists and has the entry:
> START_DONKEY=yes
>
> /etc/init.d/mldonkey is u+x for root
>
> Any idea what might be wrong? Thx.
>

> Greetings,
> Raimund

Hello!

You need to make symlinks from the runlevel directories to the script.
If mldonkey should run in runlevel 3 then you have to go to
/etc/init.d/rc3.d
and create a symlink :
ln -s ../mldonkey S11mldonkey
ln -s ../mldonkey K12mldonkey

If you use also runlevel 5 and mldonkey should run then the symlinks must
also
be in /etc/init.d/rc5.d  Otherwise the mldonkey will be stopped.

The numbers are for SuSE 7.3 distribution. They can vary on different
distributions.
I used the same as for the named service.

Greetings
Andre

--
Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de